Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Long time coming...


Well, this post has been a long time coming. Much has happened since the last post, but I now want to look forward to the future!

Lately, I have been doing some restoration work for a relative who owns a furniture shop in Chico. I am doing sub work for him, as he wants to get out of restorations, and focus on new builds and commercial furniture. Here is a sampling of what I have been doing.

This old chest was very rusty and badly tarnished. The patina on the tin was very thick, and took a lot of scrubbing to get it down to a clean surface. I wanted to maintain an antique look to the project, so I decided to not paint the side areas as was original. I sanded and wire wheeled everything, and gave everything a good coat of boiled linseed oil (after I sealed in the rusted areas with a rust neutralizer /converter). I am pretty happy with the results. I am also working on an old desk, and will post those pics later this week when that gets finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment