Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tired out

Well, I am tired. I am almost done with the BBQ Island. I stained everything today. I have just a few more things to wrap up and then the install on Monday. The first coat of Minwax Dark Walnut stain looked good, it just didn't look like wood I was trying to match it to, unfortunately. I kind of expected as much, as the original stain was not a transparent oil stain, but a semi transparent water based oil emulsification exterior deck stain. After listening to my wife, I then used the other stain (Flood exterior semi transparent deck and siding stain-good stuff) and now it looks killer! I haven't taken any pics yet, cause I'm tired, and dinner is almost ready :) I will take some tomorrow and post then. Now I just need to figure out how to get it into my truck...

No comments:

Post a Comment